Saturday, April 21, 2007

Derivative of the Moving Image

Anyone who wants to glance at my book can look here. This is not what I posted a few days back. This is the pdf. file for the actual catalog. which will be in mailboxes next week. The book is on page #32. The catalog says the book will be out in Dec., but the Press tells me October -- or sooner. It is up for backorder now.

  • Derivative


  • I can't begin to say how grateful and thrilled I am. It took me a long time to get this thing published. Some of the poems go back to my undergraduate degree! I'm not 37 years old! I was sure that I would have my first book out by 30. I was off by seven years. I have always had a difficult relationship with poetry. I have wanted to be a writer since I was a small child. I have written all along, but I have never fully devoted/immersed myself in poetry. As a person with a disability, I have always felt the need to prove myself in the world. My life has been a system of pulling away and pulling toward poetry. What I mean is that I always took on second MAJOR endeovors that became primary: being an inner-city school teacher, being an editor, being in a bad, obsessive relationship, starting a magazine. For the first time, I can be a poet. Just this. I hope it lasts......

    No comments: