Friday, January 02, 2009

Good Night New York

We arrived in New York late last night to what I consider unacceptable temperatures -- 20s. The entire crew is madly jet lagged. I hope we recover soon. Monday, I have to get these boys to school and figure out my life. 

Last night we got locked IN the house. The bolt lock snapped and we couldn't get out. We found this out at 1 AM after we ordered a pizza. The pizza guy had to slide the pizza through the window. We called the police and first there were two officers, then four, all working on our door. Luckily, it was a slow night for criminals in Brooklyn. They had to go through the neighbor's house to get to us through the back door at 2 AM. When I went to apologize to the neighbor, she told me 'o the police said, you really need to trim your tree.' I have come to the conclusion that my neighbors DON'T hate me, it is actually just nature they hate. Anyway, the entire show was over at 3AM. I was hoping for the firemen, but at least the door is open and my hardware store buddy (Simon) got a big chuckle out of the whole thing. 

Later, the upstairs neighbor told us 'why were you so noisy last night' as he was throwing donuts on the neighbor's roof. o New York.

No comments: