Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Best Cafe Award

In my neighborhood, Greenpoint, Brooklyn, we have had a surge of new cafes -- including a fucking Starbucks -- and a surge of new hipsters to go with them. Second place goes to Champion coffee. I feel a little guilty saying this because I know the owners of 3 other cafes, but I have to say, the best kept secret in North Brooklyn in Cafecito. These people are super nice. The decor is absolutely beautiful and comfortable. I went in at 9:30 AM and they were playing NPR!

Ahhhh. Bliss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on two fronts.. 1) "TAR-BUCKS" SUCKS...
2) Cafecito Bogota is the best-kept secret North Greenpoint Ave. Gosh...do I love their bold coffee and amazing BRUNCH (all with a South American Latin touch)

Staff is very, very nice, and the place is cool too..

I religiously pick up my coffee every morning from this cute place.