Monday, November 24, 2008

I met Bernadette Mayer yesterday. This changed my life...more on this later.

In the meanwhile, things my family has said of late:

Jen: I hate Thanksgiving. I don't like a holiday based on killing a bird. Don't I tell you that every year?
Jim: You tell me that every five minutes!

Jen to Jeff: Sit up, this is the subway, not Air France.

Mom: I know my grandson...he probably tricked the teacher.

Nancy: Wow! I haven't had a drink in Manhattan in five years (a mother from Brooklyn). 

1 comment:

Pouic said...

(I don't know if you got that message, so I'm writing it again)

Hi Jennifer.

(I haven't been able to find anywhere else to write to you, so I'm writing in this Comments box that has absolutely nothing to do with my point)
I was a student of your father's in 1989/90, then we became friends - I met you once briefly at a reading in a bookshop - and stayed in touched for a long time. Then we lost contact, mainly because I went back to France. Off and on, and for a good while now, I have tried to write to him, at UNM - sent him this book that I love "Roots of Heaven" - at his home address, even at his
publisher's, nobody could tell me where to reach him. Then I came across your blog, and here I am. Would you please tell him that I wrote.

Thank you so much.

Solange.

solangemarquis@free.fr
Solange Marquis
6, villa Dancourt
75018 Paris - France
+ 33 6 73 68 06 87