Monday, November 03, 2008

Things said by my family in the past two weeks

Jeff, we need to go vote tomorrow.
Mom, I'm voting for Obama. Who are you voting for?
*
Cheese doesn't go bad; you just have to cut off the mold. (Jim)
*
I'm glad I didn't get into New American Writing AND Conjunctions. I'd pass out. (Jen to Dad).
*
Shut the door. (Jim)
Why are you two going to have SEX? (Jeff).
*
Why can't people just be for stuff, not against stuff. (JH on Proposition 8)
*
Jeffrey and Lucy sitting in a tree kissing, first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage. Hey, that's not all, the baby is drinking alcohol. (Jeff as per learned at 'school).
*
We're not Nazi parents. Just show up on time and don't let him burn the house down. (Jen to babysitter)
*
If you are channeling Robert Duncan, you better tell him to speak a little louder. (Dad)

1 comment:

Pouic said...

(I don't know if you got that message, so I'm writing it again)

Hi Jennifer.

(I haven't been able to find anywhere else to write to you, so I'm writing in this Comments box that has absolutely nothing to do with my point)
I was a student of your father's in 1989/90, then we became friends - I met you once briefly at a reading in a bookshop - and stayed in touched for a long time. Then we lost contact, mainly because I went back to France. Off and on, and for a good while now, I have tried to write to him, at UNM - sent him this book that I love "Roots of Heaven" - at his home address, even at his
publisher's, nobody could tell me where to reach him. Then I came across your blog, and here I am. Would you please tell him that I wrote.

Thank you so much.

Solange.

solangemarquis@free.fr
Solange Marquis
6, villa Dancourt
75018 Paris - France
+ 33 6 73 68 06 87